Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Helpin' my school!!


Some of Mrs. S's 3rd- and 4th-graders came out on Monday to clean up one of the beds that was in bad need of weeding. They came out in shifts, generously giving up some time in Math to yank some weeds, and tidy up the grounds.

You can't see me!


The next time you walk in from the parking lot near the gym, take a look at the dandelion-free ground cover and less weedy berry patch (I think there's a raspberry and blueberry bush out there...).


Is this a weed? Why yes it is.

Check it out! A HUGE earthworm!
They must have some good dirt to eat around here.
One student put it perfectly, he was "helpin' my school!" Exactly! We all pitch in when and where we can to make McKinley the best school it can be. It's a community effort. If anyone is in need of some enthusiastic weeders, let me know. I know where you can find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment